AGRICULTURAL SECTOR SUPPORT PROGRAM (ASAP): SCALING UP THE ESOP APPROACH
Reference contract: N°016/2012/MAEP/SG/PASA/SPM
Total duration: 4 years
Start date – End date: 2017 – 2019 (additional phase)
Funding: World Bank via MAEH Togo
Project management: MAEH Togo
Project manager: ETD (contractor)
Amount: € 304.898 or 200.000.000 CFA francs or USD 357993.091
Partners: MAEH Togo, COD PASA, COD PPAAO, PPLM
ETD operation area: Togo, all the 5 regions: Maritime, Plateaux, Centrale, Kara and Savanes
Final Beneficiaries and / or Target Groups: Small farmers of rice, maize, soybean, pineapple, etc.
Resources involved (location and composition of the project team): Togo (Atakpamé): Project Manager + 04 Agricultural Consultants + 04 Management Consultants + 01 Marketing Advisor + 01 Accountant + 01 Driver + 01 Guardian + 01 CT / CIDR
Specific goals: Strengthen the productive capacities of the project beneficiaries within the selected sectors and promote a (public and private) environment capable of supporting the development of the agricultural sector (within the broader).
Expected results of ETD: ETD’s mandate on ASAP is to set up 20 ESOPs, 10 of which are in the rice sector and 10 in other sectors (maize, fruit, etc.) and to assist the Kara rice field.
Major achievements of the year 2016:
- Twenty ESOPs were launched on 20 planned (10 on the rice sector, 4 on the soybean sector, 2 on honey, 1 on groundnuts, 2 on pineapples and 1 on cassava) with 13,419 farmers reached including 51,88 women grouped in 1169 POs having signed production contracts with the 20 ESOPs.
- 4,234 tons of raw materials for 17 ESOPs (2,770 tons of rice and 1,464 tons of soybeans).
- 2 917 tons of raw materials processed with 2 134 tons of paddy for processing in 2016;
- 949 million CFA francs of turnover achieved in 2016.
- 98 direct jobs created with a payroll of 121 million or nearly 288 equivalents jobs paid to the SMIG.
- 11 ESOP formalized in Sarl.
References: Ayao D. MIDEKOR, ASAP Delegated Operational Coordinator. Such. : (+228) 90 04 06 51. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org