AGRICULTURAL DIVERSIFICATION SUPPORT PROJECT (PADA)
Reference contract: N°084/ 09 August 2013
Total duration: 4 years.
Start date – End date: 2013 – 2017
Funding: PPLM; BM through MAEH (PADA)
Project management: MAEH Benin
Project manager: ETD (contractor)
Amount: € 617.845 or USD725436.755
Partners: MAEP Benin; MLIP; CIDR
ETD operation area: Benin (Regions of Atlantique et littoral, Ouémé-Plateaux, Mono-Couffo, Zou-Collines, Borgou-Alibori and Atacora-Donga)
Beneficiaries and / or target groups: Small farmers of rice from Benin.
Resources involved (location and composition of the project team): Benin (Cotonou): Project Manager + 3 Agricultural Advisors + 2 Management Consultants + 1 Accounting Secretary
- Contribute to the economic growth of agriculture in Benin through the improvement of the productivity of rural households and increased domestic supply of quality agri-food products.
- Strengthen the productive capacities of project beneficiaries within the rice sector and promote a (public and private) environment capable of supporting the development of the agricultural sector (within the broader).
Expected results of ETD: ETD’s mandate on the PADA is to set up 10 ESOPs in the rice sector.
Major achievements of the year 2016:
The results achieved are:
- Ten (10) ESOPs launched and consolidated;
- Six (6) ESOPs in production testing operations;
- 131 tons of raw materials;
- 563, 561 tons of paddy rice;
- 4062 farmers reached including 2775 women;
- 3030 farmers organized in 284 tontines and put in contractual relationship with the 10 ESOPs;
- 51,350 tons of certified seed distributed to farmers;
- 307 kg of white rice sold for a turnover of 34.277 million;
- 10 processing sheds and 10 other sorting facilities constructed.
References: Yenakpondji January CAPO CHICHI ProCAD Coordinator Email: email@example.com